(Android) Why do you require a Credit Card for trial period?
Credit card is required to show serious intent to purchase the service.
We are aware that this could be intimidating, but we needed a way to filter those who just want a free number and have no intention to purchase the service.
We hope you can understand that.
If you prefer not providing your credit card, you may pay a smaller fee for the first month by choosing Google Play option instead.
What happens to my WhatsApp account if I cancel the subscription?
If you were to cancel your number while you have an active WhatsApp account, you risk losing your WhatsApp account.
- We reserve the right to provide the number to someone else, and he/she may take over this account.
- If you ever uninstall WhatsApp, upgrade to a new phone or lose this phone – you will lose the account since you’d need the phone number again to verify it.
How do I cancel the subscription?
You may cancel your subscription at any time, and no further charges will be made after that.
To do that, go to the main screen of Wabi, and click on the Settings icon near the number which you wish to cancel.
Then select "Cancel Number", and confirm the dialog that appeared.
The status of the number should change to "Released", which means the number is cancelled.
* If you purchase the number using Google Play / Apple Appstore, you will need to cancel your subscription in the store as well.
Please see here how to do so: Google Play or Apple Appstore
You may re-purchase the number even after you cancelled it, as long as the "Repurchase" option is available.
There is a limited time which you can do so, and you can see until when this option is available next to the "Repurchase" option.
After this point – the number is lost for good, so please consider your actions!
What happens if I fail to pay for the number?
Failure to pay for the number on time will change the status of the number to "Grace".
You then have 3 days to settle the payment, or risk losing the number.
Once you settle the payment the number will return to "Active" mode.
If you have problem with the payment or need assistance with this please contact us.
Wabi Refund Policy
Wabi does not refund the purchase or payments of the virtual numbers provided to users.
However, we will consider refunding the purchase or replacing the number in the following cases only:
- For numbers which, after inputting the number in WhatsApp Business, show the error "XXX is not a valid number for…". Screenshot proof is a must.
- For numbers which got banned, and the user has requested WhatsApp to unblock the number (and has included proof of ownership), and WhatsApp responded they will not unblock the number. Proof of WhatsApp reply is a must.
If you’ve violated WhatsApp policies, you will not be refunded.
Wabi reserves the right not to refund the purchases in the above cases as well, and is not required to provide any reason for its decision.
How do I remove my credit card information from Wabi app?
Please go to Side menu -> Account -> Payment Method -> press X on the Card -> Save.
I get the error 'You've reached the limit of virtual numbers allowed'
In order to allow you additional numbers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide us camera photo of the front of your credit card, where the last 4 digits is clearly shown. If you prefer not to show it for any reason, you can use the Google Play option instead to pay.
My number was released and I can't get it back!
If your number was released, and the "Repurchase" button doesn’t appear – this means the number is lost and cannot be regained.
However, you can still use your account by getting a new virtual number from Wabi, and using WhatsApp "Change Number" feature:
- Get a new number using Wabi. Make sure it is a number from the same country as the previous number.
- Open WhatsApp (or WhatsApp Business).
- Go to WhatsApp > More options > Settings > Account > Change number.
- Enter your old Wabi virtual number in the top box.
- Enter your new Wabi virtual number in the bottom box.
- Tap Next.
- If you turn on Notify Contacts, you can choose if you want to notify All contacts, Contacts I have chats with or Custom.
- If you select Custom, you’ll need to search for or select the contacts you want to notify > tap Done.
- Tap DONE.
- You’ll be prompted to verify your new phone number.
Your account’s number will be changed to the new virtual number, and you will be able to continue working with it as before.
Why did WhatsApp ban me? How to avoid getting banned?
WhatsApp makes use of machine based algorithms to decide whether to ban a number. They do such checks at registration, as well as during the number’s WhatsApp activity.
We suggest the following tips to avoid getting banned:
1. Do not use "WhatsApp Plus" or "GB WhatsApp" or any other 3rd party client. This will most certainly get you banned.
2. If you previously got banned, attempting to verify additional numbers from the same network connection will very likely to get you banned again. Change your network connection (e.g. WiFi to cellular data or vice-versa) for future verification.
3. If you just activated a new account, you should avoid the following:
- Sending too many messages to users who aren’t in your address book.
- Being blocked by too many people in too short a period.
- Creating multiple groups containing users not in their address books
If you already got banned, see the next question.
I got banned by WhatsApp! What can I do?
If you are a legitimate user and hasn’t violated WhatsApp policies, in most cases WhatsApp will unblock your number.
In order to unblock it, please send an email to WhatsApp at email@example.com, telling them the number is your own, and that you’d like to unblock the number.
WhatsApp may request a proof of ownership of the number.
If you purchased Wabi number via Google Play / Apple Appstore – please use the receipt you got by email for this purpose.
If you purchased Wabi number via Credit Card – please go to Wabi main screen, and select the "Settings" icon of the number which got banned -> select "Get Proof of Ownership" -> select "Send via email to WhatsApp", and send the email. (if this option isn’t available – please update your Wabi app)
Please allow at least 2 business days for WhatsApp to respond.
In most cases, WhatsApp will unblock your number without any problem, and will ask you to re-verify the number. At this point you may retry to verify the number, although we highly suggest to do so from a different network connection to minimize the risk of additional bans.
If WhatsApp does not unblock your number – please contact us with their last reply. We will only offer help to users who have already contacted WhatsApp and provided the receipt. We will not assist users who haven’t taken this step, or do not include WhatsApp reply.
In any case – please use a different network connection in the future to verify your WhatsApp, to avoid additional bans.
I can't activate WhatsApp! It says 'Please try again in 1 hour'
If you receive the message "Please try again in 1 hour" after requesting a code – please try to change your network connection (e.g. from WiFi to cellular data or vice-versa), and try again.
If you still receive this message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write down the number you’re trying to verify, and we will assist you.
I can't activate WhatsApp! It says 'XXX is not a valid number' / 'XXX is too short or long'
Please make sure you’re using WhatsApp Business and not WhatsApp.
If you receive this message in WhatsApp Business, please contact us at email@example.com and write us the number in question, and please include a screenshot of the error.
If eligible – we will replace this number.
I can't activate WhatsApp! The code never arrives!
If you’ve requested the code by SMS and by phone call, and it doesn’t arrive, please check the following:
- Please make sure Wabi app is installed on your phone, and you’re logged in with the Wabi account that possess this number.
- Please make sure the number is in "Active" or "Trial" status in Wabi app. Number in "Released" mode will not work, as it is inactive.
- Please check Wabi app for the last code received. Please allow at least 1-2 minutes after requesting the code via call, for it to show in Wabi main screen.
If you’ve confirmed the above and the code still doesn’t arrive, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and write the number you’re having problem with.
I've asked for code too many times, and now I cannot ask for call verification!
If you have trouble getting the code, and this FAQ didn’t provide you an answer – please contact us.
Either way, in order to reset the verification process and enable verification by call again, please send an email to email@example.com requesting to reset the verification process since you couldn’t get the code.
You may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The phone number you registered to Wabi with – International format (e.g. +12034983741).
- The virtual number you have problem with – International format (e.g. +12034983741).
- Screenshot of the error you get, and the steps that created this error.